The Sound of Music.

Thursday, August 31, 2006

I'm closer to where I started

How many hits should a person take before they actually decide to back down? Its a case of trying til you succeed vs. if you still cant get it, its probably not for you and God is trying to tell you something.

I've been faced with this dilemma for the most part of my growing up phase. The choices that seem to be better, opposing what I want. Its usually been my heart vs. my head. I am no different than almost every person who shares their existence in this world with me, and believe me, I'm well aware of that.

At the same time, I've always been the practical person. I've pretty much always tried to do what is "right". Probably why I never achieved much, because I'd cut myself too short.

Not in the past few years.
The past few years have changed me a lot. Everything I thought I was...I wasnt.
It was a strange thing to realize.
Its harder for a person who thinks with their head in some situations and with their heart in some. Why? Because both the choices pull you toward them almost equally.
Not in the past few years.
Not as far as he is concerned.

With him, its not even a choice. With him, there is not one doubt in my mind. With him, all other options are not driven away, they just seem to fade away themselves.

With him, everything isnt made right,
it just is.
just.
is;
even among all the wrong things that happen, and continue to happen.

With him, I believe.

I'll go on. I'll always go on. I'll always fight.
Giving up doesn't get anyone anywhere.

I'll get him. I will. You'll see.

Like everyone else, I also often wish that God could talk back to me. Too many questions to ask. Too many why's how's and where's, but most importantly, like I said, the why's.

But He does talk back to him. My him.
And recently, we talked to Him. I didnt have to say anything, I didnt need to ask the questions, I didnt need to cry or laugh or shout out loud. When he asked me what I wanted to know, I just said tell God to talk to me.

And you know what He said? He said do you want me to end this now if its not going to happen? I froze.

I always freeze in such situations: when you want to ask the question, but aren't quite sure you want to hear the answer.

You know what I said?

I said if its not supposed to happen then I want You to make it happen. I want us to be together, and I want us to end up together.

And I said and I'm sorry if I sound rude when I say this,
but I'm willing to fight You for it if thats what it takes.



I cant be certain, but I think I saw a little smile up there when I said that.


I'll go on.
I'll always go on.
I'll always fight.
Giving up doesn't get anyone anywhere.

I'll get him.
I will.
You'll see.

-S.

3 Comments:

Blogger in2deep said...

:) it was a great first post. im sure everyone would be happy to hear from you.
now they wont think of me as the only psycho in the relationship.
you're the best and iloveyou:)

August 31, 2006 2:07 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

:) Thank you baby. It was great to get a smile from you. We'll make everything okay baby.

Serious.
iloveyou more than you know, and youre the best too:)

August 31, 2006 3:49 PM

 
Blogger kAy said...

since you left that comment on my blog i read all the posts you ever wrote-
yeah it took about 2 and a hlf hours but im done-
and i think of YOU consoling me and laugh at myself-
thank you for putting things into perspective for me-
and like you said-in your case words from strnagers are honestly pointless...you need prayers and those you shall get.
:)

September 27, 2006 10:24 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

 
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-No Derivative Works 2.5 License.